I think you might be right there Richard, though I have to report slow progress for most of the year on this particular project.
From the previous images people can see that I decided to tackle the Mk2c vehicles first as with the cutting and shutting these were going to be the most difficult. Of the body shells required, first up were the Mk2c FK and FO – the body of one of these is shown above along with the sides for the first of the Mk2c TSOs; of which four are required. The process of joining and filing flat the joins on these is proving time consuming, but here are some photographs of where I'm at with things.
1 – Non-toilet side of Mk2c TSO
2 – Toilet side of Mk2c TSO
You can see that regardless of whether the side is going to have a window cut into it for the toilet that I've decided to start of a blank bodyside. Doing it this was also helps with sourcing the donor bodyside material from other vehicles – So far I been using bits of FK with the windows filled and filed flat!
3 – Here is a close-up of the end. Once I've got all coaches to the same state with all paint stripped off and bodyside smoothed off with Wet-and-Dry, I'm going to score new doorframes and add any vertical strengthening strips as seen on the prototype as well as end detail and toilet window frames etc.
4 – If you look inside you can see how I've used plastic strip to tack the bodyside together at cantrail height (A
) and lower bodyside (B
); these keep the side flush and in correct alignment prior to permanent gluing. The strengthening at the end (C
) is for when the original gangway detail is removed to make way for the flexible gangways.
Anyway, once I've finished matching up two sets of sides with donor roofs the Mk2c TSOs will be prepped. This leaves the Mk2c BFK as the remaining vehicle to think about.
That's all for now folks.