More stock for Outwell

Your latest modelling projects.

Re: More stock for Outwell

Postby Alan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Another van this time a Great Western Mink, this is a Cooper craft kit. It will add a bit of variety to the stock.
2013_0112outwellstock0004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alan

Postby Alan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Another project which Neil Ripley presented me with last Thursday at the ERFG. This vehicle termed a Special Guards Van, was introduced to replace the small luggage van which proved to be to small for the tramway. Originaly built as a suburban two compartment brake built in 1875, and was all ready 30 years old when it was transferred to the W&U tramway.
2013_0112outwellstock0092.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alan

Postby Rippers » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Alan wrote:Another project which Neil Ripley presented me with last Thursday at the ERFG.
2013_0112outwellstock0092.JPG

Ah so thats what it looks like............ I never even opened the box!!

Mind I cant remember buying either that kit nor the unbuilt set of 2 W&U coaches that was in the same bag at the back of one of the kit drawers..... :scratch
East Riding Finescale Group

Paint Splashing Department.
Rippers

Postby Rippers » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:19 pm

With Alan busy burning his fingers on hot brass and solder whilst adding more passenger stock to the range of pre-war period stock for the layout - the completion of the reworked scenics and stock for Outwell has spared me to devote more effort into the new early 50's period selection......some of the progress on which can be seen here.

out2.jpg

Photo research of stock around the region in the early 50's shows an eclectic mix of wagons sporting both well worn big 4 and new BR liveries and in some cases signs of both! :P

out1.jpg

A nice change for me as it isnt the period I generally build stock for........but the local coal merchant is now well catered for! :mrgreen:

Yep - I know ....I know..........I should be building lots and lots of fruit vans! :lol:
East Riding Finescale Group

Paint Splashing Department.
Rippers

Postby Alan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:52 pm

A bit more work done on the guards van, detail on the sides and ends. Centre panels, door vents and steps fitted also drop down wndows. Hand rail on the end and door handles next job.
outwell stock 003.jpg

outwell stock 004.jpg
Alan

Postby Alan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:02 pm

More work done on the guards van for Outwell, hand rails door handles are all completed.
outwell stock 006.jpg

outwell stock 005.jpg

I have also started the ducket ends, and started to build up the body.
outwell stock 007.jpg
Alan

Previous

Return to W.I.P