Class 120

Your latest modelling projects.

Re: Class 120

Postby westerner » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:06 am

It seems , well actually it is an aweful long time since I posted anything in this thread.

Things got rather held up when i discovered the windows only fitted if they were put in before painting the bodies, that few thou' of paint stops the flush fitting so it looked like a lot of filinf of very hard palstc glazing. So after a few attempts I gave up.

This week thought I would have another go and slightly sacrifice the flush bit and see if I could get it looking vaguely right.

120 windows.jpg

120 windows2.jpg

as you can see from the second pics filing the clear palstic does leave a rather "silvered" edge which I'm not too happy with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alan Davies

Modelling the Western Region in East Anglia

My layout viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18
westerner

Postby flubrush » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:48 pm

westerner wrote: as you can see from the second pics filing the clear palstic does leave a rather "silvered" edge which I'm not too happy with.

Alan,

I've been messing around with milling perspex for flush glazing 7mm scale coaches and have used black permanent marker on the machined parts to get rid of the white machined surfaces. A green permanent marker might be better for your stock if you can find one. Paint would do the same job but I went for the permanent marker since it was handy on the bench. ;)

Jim.
flubrush

Postby westerner » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks for that I'll give it a go Jim.
Alan Davies

westerner

Postby Jim S-W » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi Alan

The class 120s have a very prominent tank in the centre of the under frames. It's best with dc kits to bin the instructions when it comes to under frames and just work from pics

Hth

Jim
Jim S-W

Postby EddieDMU » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:24 pm

westerner wrote:It seems , well actually it is an aweful long time since I posted anything in this thread.

Things got rather held up when i discovered the windows only fitted if they were put in before painting the bodies, that few thou' of paint stops the flush fitting so it looked like a lot of filinf of very hard palstc glazing. So after a few attempts I gave up.

This week thought I would have another go and slightly sacrifice the flush bit and see if I could get it looking vaguely right.

120 windows.jpg

120 windows2.jpg

as you can see from the second pics filing the clear palstic does leave a rather "silvered" edge which I'm not too happy with.

Just been leafing through the forum and found this project. Minor issue with the coach numbered W51576 - this batch of Class 120s had a 4-digit headcode box and only one marker lamp (on the secondman's side).....

Like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markh737/3977008464/
Eddie

Slowly working to address the dire shortage of DMU stock on Mostyn....
EddieDMU

Postby westerner » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:07 pm

At long last the 120 is nearing completion

Mdmu 3.jpg

Mdmu 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alan Davies

westerner

Previous

Return to W.I.P