Outwell Village

Re: Outwell Village

Postby Rippers » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:54 am

steve1 wrote:Er, we are putting an end on those boards I hope? :shock:

steve

Yep - and folding screen boards on the front (to keep the space they need down to a minumum in transit).

Plus fiddleyard will also have its own controler so that when such time as both operators are present the second man can take full control of them for disposing of trains and aranding new ones for departure so as to keep a crowd pleasing measure of movement on the scenic frontage (something in my observation a suprising number of exhibitors tend to overlook the need for) .
East Riding Finescale Group

Paint Splashing Department.
Rippers

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Rippers wrote:
steve1 wrote:Er, we are putting an end on those boards I hope? :shock:

steve

Yep - and folding screen boards on the front (to keep the space they need down to a minumum in transit).

Plus fiddleyard will also have its own controler so that when such time as both operators are present the second man can take full control of them for disposing of trains and aranding new ones for departure so as to keep a crowd pleasing measure of movement on the scenic frontage (something in my observation a suprising number of exhibitors tend to overlook the need for) .

The wiring for the aforementioned grand scheme has proceeded apace but has now ground to a halt because some-one has taken home the change over switches he bought at the Harlepool show last weekend. Don't worry Alan, your secret is safe with me! :lol: Unless you don't turn up with them on Thursday night.
PS Any more of that Greek beer? :drool
Flashes, bangs and burning smells dept.
Judge Dreadfull

Postby Alan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Someone said I should take them for safe keeping, will be there thursaday. Will also bring the last remaining tree, and the paint for the backscene.
Alan

Postby Rippers » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Blimey!

Sounds like the layout will be finished just in time for my arrival with the next project.

Hope you have the chainsaw ready!

Rippers

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:37 pm

As far as I am concerned, this layout is now finished, cos the wiring is done and signed off. Now to put my bonus card in for payment!
"Elevate the ladder Jacques, je suis watertight".

Roll on project what ever the next letter is! :lol:
Oh yes it's Mr Wales's mystery object. :axe: :axe:
Let the good times roll!
:roll:
Judge Dreadfull

Postby steve1 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Despite all the other things going on, activity continues on Outwell, witness these:

out1.jpg

out2.jpg

steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Grantham
General Assistance Dept.
DEMU, EMGS
steve1

Postby steve1 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:28 pm

out1.jpg

steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve Grantham
General Assistance Dept.
DEMU, EMGS
steve1

Postby Rippers » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:48 pm

You might be forgiving for thinking that all the the work of breathing new life into the corpse of Kinmundy we had sidelined the reworking of Outwell.

However with Alan busy we have planety of unrestricted access and additions have been made ...............

out1.jpg

:axe:

Rippers

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 am

Rippers wrote:You might be forgiving for thinking that all the the work of breathing new life into the corpse of Kinmundy we had sidelined the reworking of Outwell.

However with Alan busy we have planety of unrestricted access and additions have been made ...............

out1.jpg

:axe:

If you've upset him, we could end up with 10 tons of slurry being pumped up the walls. :hmm: :scratch
Judge Dreadfull

Postby Alan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:31 pm

An addition to the stock for Outwell, A D&S kit of a N.E.R. Horse box. Ready for the paint shop and glazing.
2012_1004outwellforhull0088.JPG

2012_1004outwellforhull0085.JPG
Alan

Postby Rippers » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Whereas for the later period Mally has been busy.......

out1.jpg

Rippers

Postby Rippers » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 pm

With Alan still safely out of the way tending his 10,000 acres of carrots or similar we have been free to engage in a spot of dabbling! ;)

out1.jpg

The sky on the backscene now has a hint of blue to break up the rather neutral appearance it once sported.
out2.jpg

It looks stronger in real life than on the pictures - honest! :roll:
out3.jpg

Plus Mally found a bottle of 'instant water' left over form the Bachmann project layouts and topped up the canal to give it a more errr 'wet' look!
out4.jpg

Whilst the second of the duo of Drewery Diesel 'hovercraft' intended for this layout is rapidly taking shape.......

These new models are original Vulcan kits mated with the chassis and running plate of the latest Bachmann 03 (superb chassis for far less than the wheels, gears and motor to fit up the etched one in the kit!). 8-)

Rippers

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Rippers wrote:With Alan still safely out of the way tending his 10,000 acres of carrots or similar we have been free to engage in a spot of dabbling! ;)

out1.jpg

The sky on the backscene now has a hint of blue to break up the rather neutral appearance it once sported.
out2.jpg

It looks stronger in real life than on the pictures - honest! :roll:
out3.jpg

Plus Mally found a bottle of 'instant water' left over form the Bachmann project layouts and topped up the canal to give it a more errr 'wet' look!
out4.jpg

Whilst the second of the duo of Drewery Diesel 'hovercraft' intended for this layout is rapidly taking shape.......

These new models are original Vulcan kits mated with the chassis and running plate of the latest Bachmann 03 (superb chassis for far less than the wheels, gears and motor to fit up the etched one in the kit!). 8-)

I think the backscene painting is just wonderful but I must say that it seems to lack that certain "sparkle" some how. :scratch
Judge Dreadfull

Postby Rippers » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am

With Alan safely out of the way we have also been able to get out Ducks in a row with Outwell, so to speak! :lol:

swan2.jpg

swan1.jpg

Or was that Swans in a row .........and given the time of year we are rapidly approaching now shouldnt there be seven of them!

Rippers

Postby Rippers » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:40 pm

A brisk evenings work this evening and the revamped Outwell has been given its new carrying and storage covers.........
out1.jpg

The full covers on the scenic boards will provide almost dust free acomodation for the delicate scenics in both transport and storage (plus alow the boards to be stacked on end, on top of each other or laid flat or on their sides.
out2.jpg

Yep - we are that precise about the fit (this is the pair of fiddleyard boards).
out3.jpg

John launching the new fiddleyards.......... ever wonder about the dent and stains in the end of out layouts! ;)
out4.jpg

The dismantled Outwell in its new format.

Oddly enough it is almost 12 months since Alan commented at the Hull show that he felt that there was little extra that he could do to the layout............... how wrong can you be! :mrgreen:

Rippers

Postby Neil » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:17 am

Two things:

I am liking the horsebox very much.

Has his Dreadfulness been standing too close to Kinmundy during the 'winterisation' process?
Neil

Postby Alan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks Neil, there is another horsebox on it's way which when finnished should grace the layout nicely.
Either John got to close to Rippers when he had a spray can in his hand or its part of his make up for halloween.
Alan

Postby Rippers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Neil wrote:Two things:

I am liking the horsebox very much.

Has his Dreadfulness been standing too close to Kinmundy during the 'winterisation' process?

The horsebox is simply stunning isnt it ........... too bad Alan wasnt that keen when we offered to let him build the same kits that we have! :P

As for John - its his winter plumage........ - in a month or so he will add the big red coat , hat and boots to complete the look! :lol:

Rippers

Postby Cock Sparra » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:21 pm

I hope you emptied the bottle before breaking it, you don't want to waste good drink. :drool
Cheers Phil

I used to be normal but I'm better now
Cock Sparra

Postby Alan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Ill build them Neil, but our colouring might be the same as John's by the time I get them finnished. Having said that I'am not that far short now.
Alan

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Alan wrote:Ill build them Neil, but our colouring might be the same as John's by the time I get them finished. Having said that I'am not that far short now.

You should worry. My problem is one particular grand daughter. When I asked her where she wanted to go during the half term holidays, she replied "Japan!". This is the madam who is 12 going on 35! No names because I must not embarrass her! 8-)
Judge Dreadfull

Postby Rippers » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:09 am

Well the weeks roll by and the ever so sleightly upgraded Outwell is about at the stage where it can be let loose on the unsupecting public once again....
o1.jpg

Hopefully our ever so sleight changes will meet with approval when it is seen on the circuit in the new year. :mrgreen:

Though the layout is about done work continues appace on the stock - especially the 1955 selection which are entirely new models.
o2.jpg

The models of the line classic Drewery tram engines are taking shape courtessy of a pair of original 4mm scale Vulcan kits I have had for years...
o3.jpg

The parts of which are being amended to closer reflect these pilot batch locos and in a supprise move (in a modelling sence) we have actually ditched the etched chassis these kits come supplied with and have built the models around the chassis and frames of the latest Bachmann 03! ;)
o4.jpg

Like Tappa's new layout the revised Outwell Village is I am reliably informed pencelled in for showing at DEMU Showcase next year (at C1955 and set at the very beginning of the period the society supports it is likely to be the earliest period layout ever to be invited). 8-)

Rippers

Postby Rippers » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am

With the final painting of the fiddleyard ends completed the final job on Alans layout was to add the all important name to the new facia.
o1.jpg

o2.jpg

In our opinion this has been a truly fun project over the last few months and again one completed without incident or mistake............ err yeh right! :hmm: :lol: :mrgreen: :roll:

Still- with Alans stock also getting upgraded and the new c.1955 selection well on the way - hopefully we have given the layout a good few more years on the circuit.

Rippers

Postby MartinWales » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Hmm! Wonder where that sign would turn up.......... :lol: :lol:
MartinWales

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:15 pm

MartinWales wrote:Hmm! Wonder where that sign would turn up.......... :lol: :lol:

Who are we to disappoint you? ;)
Judge Dreadfull

PreviousNext

Return to 00