Give my regards to Margery Street

Re: Margery Street

Postby Rippers » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 pm

westerner wrote:
but as I don't see the layout finished before the end of the year

Is it getting near to completion? It would be good to see an up date.

Ah - domestic redevelopment put paid to a lot of progress I would wager.......

Plus we have spent the last few months redeveloping Martins expensive shelf into a workable layout.

Once the nEC is out of the way and Market Weighton gone to its new home no doubt we will be turning out attentions to finishing Tappas train set in double quick time. :mrgreen:
East Riding Finescale Group

Paint Splashing Department.
Rippers

Postby MartinWales » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Mmmmm.....yes please (eagerly awaited)

(Yes I know kettle, black etc!! :scratch :lol: :lol: :hmm: )
MartinWales

Postby Rippers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:58 pm

MartinWales wrote:Mmmmm.....yes please (eagerly awaited)

(Yes I know kettle, black etc!! :scratch :lol: :lol: :hmm: )

Hmm - perhpas we should have concentrated on teaching you the benefit of exercising patience rather than rebuilding your layout.......... ;)

We would respectfully point out that the reason we havent progressed Tappa's layout is that we have been putting a lot of extra weeks of effort into rebuilding your model into the layout you never knew you always wanted it to be.... :mrgreen: ....... well that and sneeking more bits onto Alans Outwell when he isnt around! :lol:

Rippers

Postby MartinWales » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:09 pm

Well......I woz only offering moral support guv!....... :scratch :hmm: :lol: :lol:
MartinWales

Postby Tappa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Martin,

Rest assured the layout is progressing, although a bit slow at the moment due to having rather a lot of upheaval at home since April. I can tell you though that Margery Street will debut at DEMU Showcase next year. Make sure you visit and have a play.

Jeff
Jeff Taylor

You can't be optimistic with a misty optic
Tappa

Postby MartinWales » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Now that does sound like it's well worth a visit! :mrgreen:
MartinWales

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

and sneeking more bits onto Alans Outwell when he isnt around!

I would refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier statement concerning the application of slurry to external walls. :lol: :lol:
Flashes, bangs and burning smells dept.
Judge Dreadfull

Re: Give my regards to Margery Street

Postby Rippers » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 pm

With Martins 'Kinelitscold' has now well and truly left the building it is time to wheel on the next victim..........

In this case one of our own......well Tappa's...........projects...in the form of his 1970's set Widened Lines scheme Margery Street
mj1.jpg

Craig is obviously contemplating on Jeffs explanation of the level of task ahead of us........ :mrgreen:

mj2.jpg

Well at least on this occasion we dont have to strip an existing layout back to this stage before we can start. ;)

mj3.jpg

So thats about the sate of play so far - working and ballasted trackwork............... and it all has to be grimy retaining walls and backs of Central London buildings before its first scheduled outing in early July! :o ......... oh boy!! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rippers

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Mmm, will you still get an invite to DEMU now that a King Arthur , "Sir Kettle", has been seen on your layout? You can put me down as an operator by the way, anything for one of those curry nights with Weiss beer.
mj1.jpg

8-) :lol: :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Judge Dreadfull

Postby westerner » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Pleased to see that there is going to be some progress. I think I said before I do like urban termini. Do keep us informed.
Alan Davies

Modelling the Western Region in East Anglia

My layout viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18
westerner

Postby red death » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 am

I'll get the boss (Guy) to withdraw the invite now that a dirty steam machine has been spotted :o

Cheers, Mike
red death

Postby Clive » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm

It won't be the first steam locomotive to appear at Showcase.

Number 19 has entertained the great unwashed at Burton Town Hall.

s009.jpg
Clive Mortimore

Model, noun representation in 3 dimensions of existing person or thing or proposed structure esp. on smaller scale.....(Oxford dictionary)
Clive

Postby Rippers » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Clive wrote:It won't be the first steam locomotive to appear at Showcase.

Number 19 has entertained the great unwashed at Burton Town Hall.

No 19 wasnt the only one either as we had the 1962 set Walker Marine there a few years which featured both Industrial and BR Steam (plus diesels of course!) ..... and a year or so later a Q1 could be seen plying its trade amongst the EMU's and ED's on Chessington Chalk Lane.

There has also been talk of us taking outwell Village there which in its 1955 guise (with Black Tram fitted Drewery Diesels) is set right at the very start of the period that DEMU sets out to cover. :o 8-) :lol:

Rippers

Postby Rippers » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:48 pm

Well we are back after a few weeks of enforced absence due to whatever glitch existed between the forums hosts and the ISP in this area!

Still in that time we have made progress.......

mar1.jpg

with bridge supports going in

mar2.jpg

plus tunnel entrances

mar3.jpg

and platforms...........

mar4.jpg

plus plenty of time for testing......

mar5.jpg

still void of any real scenics but it is possible to see the closed in look of the model even now

mar6.jpg

Rippers

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:22 pm

.... and a year or so later a Q1 could be seen plying its trade amongst the EMU's and ED's on Chessington Chalk Lane.

Now is probably as good a time as any to make a confession about steam on the Chessington branch at DEMU.
The truth is that it was decided by those who thought they knew the best, that Chessington would not occupy some wide open time span allowing any item of stock to run upon it but be restricted to a particular year. In fact to a particular day. The target date was mid 1968 and the assembly was asked for suggestions. Most persons there were a little too young to have strong memories of the late 60's and I ventured the 20th. August 1968, the birth date of my eldest daughter Heidi. She has always asked that no-one should work out her age from that fact by the way.
Therefore as steam disappeared from the Southern in July 1967,the Q1 in question could not have run into Chessington Chalk Lane anyway. The truth was, I had bought said loco and converted it to EM to run on my own layout, which was in build, that was "Brockley Green SE4". To see if 33037 would run ok I tried it out on Chessington whilst it was at DEMU and when it brought no protests, it was used in it's own right on the new layout when it duly appeared at Burton.
To complete my "three strikes and you're out", it also appeared, now converted back to 00, last year on "Meopham East Junction". Now that's all off my chest, I feel a lot better for it. Thank you.
Judge Dreadfull

Postby westerner » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:18 pm

Not that I'm really into blue ( see my layout, Wencombe) but there is something about a blue 31 and blue suburban coaches. As I've said before I will be following with great interest.
Alan Davies

westerner

Postby Richard Oldfield » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:50 am

Hi,

The Class 31 and blue mk1 suburban stock is certainly very evocative for me too - brings back memories of travelling along the Hertford North line in the school holidays glad that we weren't on a DMU. The highlight was the blast through the tunnel south of Bayford (windows down, exhaust fumes and noise in).

Cheers,
Richard
Richard Oldfield

Postby Clive » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Rippers wrote:Well we are back after a few weeks of enforced absence due to whatever glitch existed between the forums hosts and the ISP in this area!

Hi Neil

Glad to see you back, sorry from the admin team. I am fed up with problems that we cannot sort out for the members as they are related to our host provider not the forum itself.

Anyhow Margery Street appears to be getting along nicely.

Yours

Clive
Clive Mortimore

Model, noun representation in 3 dimensions of existing person or thing or proposed structure esp. on smaller scale.....(Oxford dictionary)
Clive

Postby Tappa » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Shock! Horror! Progress

The substantial girder side that is almost complete and shows the location it will go in. It is based on one of the bridges that exists at Kings Cross on the Widened Lines. The bus is only allowed as this is technically not a bridge and I detest buses on bridges! :D

This work of art was made for me by Mally and is made from brass. Don't know the technical name for what is a cable bridge.

The ground work has now gone in. There isn't much greenery in this part of London. The building in the middle is based on a prototype one that is located on Leeke Street and used to be a printers.

It's getting there slowly.

Jeff
Jeff Taylor

Tappa

Postby Tappa » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Shock! Horror! Progress

The substantial girder side that is almost complete and shows the location it will go in. It is based on one of the bridges that exists at Kings Cross on the Widened Lines. The bus is only allowed as this is technically not a bridge and I detest buses on bridges! :D

This work of art was made for me by Mally and is made from brass. Don't know the technical name for what is a cable bridge.

The ground work has now gone in. There isn't much greenery in this part of London. The building in the middle is based on a prototype one that is located on Leeke Street and used to be a printers.

It's getting there slowly.

Jeff
Jeff Taylor

Tappa

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:51 am

Déjà vu, from French, literally "already seen", is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past, when in fact it hasn't.
:scratch :scratch :scratch
Judge Dreadfull

Postby westerner » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:13 am

Any more progess chaps, if there is a few photos would be appreciated.
Alan Davies

westerner

Postby Judge Dreadfull » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 am

westerner wrote:
but as I don't see the layout finished before the end of the year

Is it getting near to completion? It would be good to see an up date.

I'll drink to that!
Judge Dreadfull

Postby Alex O'D » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:03 am

westerner wrote:Any more progess chaps, if there is a few photos would be appreciated.

Here you go, in no particular chronological order...

Margery4.jpg

Margery3.jpg

Margery2.jpg

Margery1.jpg
Alex O'D

Postby Richard Oldfield » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:04 am

Hi,

Thanks for posting some more images. BR Mk1 suburban stock and parcels stock to boot - very nice indeed.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard Oldfield

PreviousNext

Return to 00