Wensleydale -3mm FS

Wensleydale -3mm FS

Postby Stuart in OZ » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:56 pm

HI

Time is ticking, tick tock tick tock, Time to build a layout.

I was looking for some tools I had pack before the move at Xmas time and came across my box of 3mm stuff. Time for a break from 7mm.
A quick track plan in Templot, gave me working plan in 4' x 1' with a 2'6" fiddle yard.
3mm layout1.gif

Baseboard made and plan stuck to the base, Sleeper laid waiting for the rail.
3mm1.gif

3mm2.gif

3mm3.gif

Layout stats
Small GWR station, set in 1940-60
Layout size: 1' x 4' wth 2' fiddle yard
Gauge and Scale: 3mm/14.2
Track size Code 80 rail fro the 3mm group, laid on copper clad sleepers.
Point and signal control: Servo runing for Borg-Rail sevo board
Track control: PWM dc controler

OK, more later
Stuart in OZ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modeling the GWR Downunder
Doing it in O Gauge..
Stuart in OZ

Re: Wensleydale -3mm FS

Postby MartinWales » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Think I'm gona like this Stu! Good luck!!

BTW Not utilizing the new 3mm Society trackbase??
MartinWales

Postby Stuart in OZ » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:17 pm

MartinWales wrote:Think I'm gona like this Stu! Good luck!!

BTW Not utilizing the new 3mm Society trackbase??

HI..

No, not this time as I had all the sleepers and ral, plus I wanted to see if I still had what it takes to hand lay track.
I have just renewed my membership to the 3mm Society, well paid for enought year.

I have started to lay some rail, I will posy again tonight.

Thanks
Stuart
Doing it in O Gauge..
Stuart in OZ

Postby MartinWales » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:46 pm

I'll look forward to your updates Stu, but any clues as to the motive power buildings etc???
MartinWales

Postby Stuart in OZ » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:41 pm

MartinWales wrote:I'll look forward to your updates Stu, but any clues as to the motive power buildings etc???

HI..
I find this is where modeling 3mm becomes very very frustrating out of the 3 suppliers it's hard to put together a fleet of locos, most suppliers stuff is out of stock and has been so for a long time and how slow things get done, they still don't have a online shop yet, I offered 4 years ago and still nothing. Sorry...

I'm looking to have a small fleet of GWR tank locos but if a small tender loco comes on the market. If not I'm happy to go BR. I'm going to order one of the new 94xx locos as it looks nice and the price is good, as I'm trying to keep the whole project to $600.00 but I know I will go over budget.
Building will be scaled down ScaleSences as I have them all, just need to reduce them by 75% and they look great, I'm working on the good shed. I hope to have the usally buildings, station, cattle dock, signal box, coal, good shed and minc stuff.

Thanks
Stuart
Doing it in O Gauge..
Stuart in OZ

Re: Wensleydale - 3mm FS

Postby Stuart in OZ » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:53 am

hey

Did some track work today.. got most of it laid, just have to finsh 3 points and set the blades.

BILD1904.JPG

BILD1900.JPG

Shopping day tomorrow (WOW a day out) so shouldn't get to much done.

OK, more later
Stuart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it in O Gauge..
Stuart in OZ

Postby MartinWales » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Brynkits do some really nice Pannier Tanks both in 57xx and 8751 form, plus there is also a Collett 2251 available too

As a 94xx was a heavy tank would that be suitable for a branch line-not criticism merely an observation! :scratch
MartinWales

Postby westerner » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Not wishing to teach my granny to suck eggs, but loco wise would not the 3mm Society know who produces them? Of course you may already have been in touch with them.
Alan Davies

Modelling the Western Region in East Anglia

My layout viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18
westerner

Postby Stuart in OZ » Sun May 09, 2010 9:32 pm

HI...

Sorry I have not post of late. With my 3 days aweek to the hospital and gym I don't seam to have the time plus trying to deal with anyone 3mm is like watching paint dry.. sorry atleast paint dries.. These people are so slow at doing anything, they don't even answer an e-mail (how rude).. No wonder I get so frustrated and pack my 3mm stuff away and leave it for awhile.. I have been a member of the 3mm society for 5 years and still no on-line shopping. I did offter to build them an online shop for free as this is what I do... No, wow it was a shock to their system, could not move into the real world..

For a society that need it's members to stay alive, they don't help them self. Maybe I should vent my angry to the chairman but I fear that this will fell on deaf ears as the AGM is only days away.

Sorry to vent.
Stuart in OZ
Doing it in O Gauge..
Stuart in OZ

Return to 3mm FS